Thursday 24 November 2011

UK Online Poker Market Gains 4 More!

I know that the online poker industry is gaining a wealth of new players every single day but it seems that I have done my part to help the growth too, convincing four of my mates to come join PokerStars so that we can arrange to set up regular online poker games between us, so that on the nights that we can’t all make it out, we can still catch up. 


So Robert, Andy, John and Phil have all finally joined me at the site after 6 months of me nagging at them to come and play online but they have maintained their historic views for the full length of that time, finally caving in when I told them that they can even get free online poker funds from the site and all they need to do is stay active on the site.


So now I have those four ready to lock horns with me on the site, I thought that I would appeal to any of the other guys and gals that used to go to my college or university to contact me or join the site and look out for my old nickname as we are looking to get maybe a weekly meet sorted out on a regular basis. 


Why am I using PokerStars I know some of you will be asking but with the site being widely regarded as one of the top online poker sites in the industry and the fact that they offer the facility for us to hold private games with just those players that we want to invite able to play, it was a no brainer. 


I know some of you feel that the challenge could be a little too much for me to handle but believe me when I say that I have been working my way around a few of the top poker sites and have learnt much more than I knew back in the days of sitting in the student house kitchen with Maria the weird mute wondering about the house while we were trying to win what was left of each other’s student loans!


I think that we’ll start off the proceedings with a few weeks of lower stakes and see what people want to do from there but there won’t be any chance to play for free on these games as we all need to have funds deposited into the accounts.

If you would rather not use your card, give me a shout if you live close to me or have Paypal and I will send you the cash over into your player account (meaning sign up to the site first!)